COVID-19 DID NOT CAUSE THE DEATH OF THE 13 YEAR OLD KOKOSI PRIMARY SCHOOL LEARNER

Uncategorized

It was discovered that the student was not feeling well when he arrived at school on Thursday and was taken to an isolation room.

Gauteng Health MEC Bandile Masuku says the 13-year-old Kokosi primary school learner, who passed away last week, was not infected by COVID-19.
He says they run test on him after speculation that Ben Thafeni from Fochville, west of Johannesburg, had passed away due to the COVID-19.
It is alleged that when he was taken into isolation and his condition did not improve he was rushed to a local clinic where he was certified dead on arrival.
On Thursday the department’s spokesperson Steve Mabona said that the cause of death has was still unknown.
“We are working very closely with the department of health, we are performing a forensic investigation on the circumstances surrounding his death. The MEC is appealing to the community to avoid speculating the cause of death and leave this matter to the experts,” Mabona said.
Masuku and Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi visited the teenager’s family earlier on Sunday.
Masuku says they decided to make this announcement publicly to address the stigma around the coronavirus.
“The results say he did not have the virus he was not COVID-19 positive and we have talked with the family for us to be able to share this information with the public. We’re not taking it lightly; it’s an issue that we have to address in terms of stigma. The post-mortem results we’ll communicate them with the family, of which the postmodern will be done tomorrow (Monday), which is a complete check of the body of the deceased. Then we can make a call on the real cause of death.”
Lesufi visited the family with Masuku after having gone into self-isolation after conducting a test on Tuesday. He got his results on Saturday, which confirmed that he was negative

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.